This is the evidence based “gold standard “of mindfulness courses. It has been taught around the world for over 30 years and extensively researched.
WHO IS IT FOR? The course is for anyone who wants to reduce work, family or health-related stress and to bring a greater sense of balance and meaning to their lives and also to manage challenges more skilfully.
The course is for adults and is of benefit for those totally new to mindfulness as well as those with a current practice.
MBSR is the mindfulness course to do as CPD for health professionals and teachers.
NEXT COURSE STARTS: May 1st Tuesday nights 6pm-8.30/9 pm, in Rangiora. Check out the dates here
HOW WILL IT HELP ME?
MBSR has been extensively researched over the years, these are some of the documented benefits of doing an MBSR course.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
Your investment in this course will provide you with the following:
- 27 hours of mindfulness teaching by a trained MBSR teacher, to support you own home practice.
- a whole day of mindfulness/ retreat day
- Recordings of mindfulness practices and course book for you to keep for your ongoing meditation practice and reading.
- Email and phone support as required.
MBSR is a secular course (requiring no beliefs/ non religious) combining ancient wisdom practices and cutting edge science.
The MBSR course was developed by Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. It is at the cutting edge of integrative and preventative medicine.
It is a comprehensive and intensive course focused on the development of an ongoing mindfulness practice and way of life. It leads to measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy, and stress as well as improving the immune response in eight weeks.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The whole 8 week course is $550.00. Please inquire if finances are a barrier. Payment options may be available.
Are you a health professional or teacher?
MBSR is a wonderful program for those in helping professions. It assists with our capacity for listening, empathy, compassion and genuine curiosity. It can also help us see into our own patterns that get in the way of being truly helpful. MBSR is however not a professional training in using/ teaching mindfulness with clients or others.
The process of registration:
- Read the information sheet on the course here and ask any questions via email
- Complete Pre-course Reflections and send back to me via email
- Complete registration/ consent form and send back to me via email
- Organise time for pre course interview (20 mins) either on phone or face to face (The point of this is explore together how to support you getting the most from the course and identify any areas of possible areas of difficulty as well as a chance to ask any final questions).
The registration process is all part of the MBSR course and needs to be completed before the course starts.
Here is a flyer about MBSR, to put up at your workplace or pass on to friends.