This is the evidence based “gold standard “of mindfulness courses. It has been taught around the world for 40 years and extensively researched.
WHO IS IT FOR? The course is for anyone who wants to reduce work, family or health-related stress and to bring a greater sense of balance and meaning to their lives and also to manage challenges more skilfully.
There are some situations when it is not the best time to do an MBSR course, to ensure this is the best time for you and to meet your needs there is an intake process to the course (see below).
The course is for adults and is of benefit for those totally new to mindfulness as well as those with a current practice.
MBSR is the mindfulness course to do as CPD for health professionals and teachers.
NEXT COURSE STARTS: August 2019 Tuesday nights 6pm-8.30/9 pm, in Rangiora. Check out the dates here
Places are limited to 12 only. See what past participants say here
HOW WILL IT HELP ME?
MBSR has been extensively researched over the years, these are some of the documented benefits of doing an MBSR course.
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
Your investment in this course will provide you with the following:
- 27 hours of mindfulness teaching by a trained MBSR teacher, to support you own home practice.
- a whole day of mindfulness/ retreat day
- Recordings of mindfulness practices and course book for you to keep for your ongoing meditation practice and reading.
- Email and phone support as required.
MBSR is a secular course (requiring no beliefs/ non religious) combining ancient wisdom practices and cutting edge science.
The MBSR course was developed by Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn in 1979 at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. It is at the cutting edge of integrative and preventative medicine.
It is a comprehensive and intensive course focused on the development of an ongoing mindfulness practice and way of life. It leads to measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy, and stress as well as improving the immune response in eight weeks.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
The whole 8 week course is $590.00. Please inquire if finances are a barrier. Payment options may be available.
Why do MBSR in Rangiora?
The classes are held in a quiet setting out of the city and the group numbers are kept small (max 12). As a local to North Canterbury it is important to me to keep it local, so people don’t have to travel to access evidence based cutting edge mindfulness courses by a trained professional. It is here in North Canterbury!
Are you a health professional or teacher?
MBSR is THE program for those in helping professions. It assists with our capacity for listening, empathy, compassion and genuine curiosity. It can also help us see into our own patterns that get in the way of being truly helpful. MBSR is however not a professional training in using/ teaching mindfulness with clients or others.
The process of registration:
- Read the MBSR INFO SHEET 2019 on the course here and ask any questions via email
- Complete Pre-course Reflections (required before money paid) and send back to me via email
- Complete Consent and Registration Form 2019 consent-and-registration-form-2019 and send back to me via email
- Organise time for pre course interview (20 mins) either on phone or face to face (The point of this is to explore together how to support you getting the most from the course and identify any areas of possible areas of difficulty as well as a chance to ask any final questions).
The registration process is all part of the MBSR course and needs to be completed well before the course starts.
Here is an MBSR flyer 2019 Aug 2019 to put up at your workplace or pass on to friends.