Why mindfulness in the workplace?
We spend a lot of our time at work. So it makes sense to make that mindful. For the wellbeing of staff and also to the benefit of the organisation they work for.
Work can also be a place of stress, challenging communication and relationships. Bringing mindfulness to the workplace therefore allows people to be with stressful and difficult situations with more ease and potentially reducing the negative impact of work stress on their home life.
“With workplace health and safety being a huge priority now for employers. Mindfulness can play an important part in keeping staff healthy and safe.”
Mindful and well staff means a mindful and well workplace which then has a positive impact on their work quality, productivity and ultimately happy clients/ customers/ livestock.
Workplace offerings: All workplace offerings are individually tailored to your specific workplace.
Mindfulness “taster”Workshop: we come to you and your staff.
- Range of introduction to mindfulness courses courses and workshops
- North Canterbury Mindful Workplace Programme
Individually tailored mindfulness for your workplace/ school/ organisation. Big or small.
With all workplace workshops and courses: we will ask to talk with someone who can tell us about the workplace and kind of work that is undertaken, specific stressors etc. This allows us to tailor make the workshop to your employees/ workplace needs, rather than just offering a generic workshop.
Mindfulness can potentially benefit staff and the organisation by:
- Increasing self awareness, concentration and attention.
- Improved well being and enjoyment/ satisfaction in their work, which then may lead to increased retention of good staff.
- Increased ability to manage stress in and out of the workplace.
- Improved communication and relationships within the workplace.
- Increased creativity and passion.
- Improved self care and compassion for others
Honours board of organisations
This is the ever expanding list of awesome organisations that have looked after their staff with mindfulness. Nice work guys 🙂
- Pegasus Bay winery
- Hurunui district council
- Ryman Healthcare
- Bella Montessori Pre School, Kaiapoi
- Omihi school
- Waimakariri District Council
The North Canterbury Mindful Workplace Programme
If you really want mindfulness to be part of your workplace and staff with all the benefits that come with that, then this programme is for you.
The aim of this programme is to:
- Embed an ongoing mindful culture in a workplace.
- Improve the well being of employers and employees at work and at home.
- Provide a multi-level approach so that staff/ managers who are really interested are supported to do the full training and be the “mindful culture carriers”, others who are keen to know the basics can do an introduction course and others who are not so interested get the workplace specific training onsite. In this way, money and time is invested specifically and staff don’t feel forced to do something they don’t want to.
Email me for more information or arrange a meeting to talk about your organisation becoming a mindful workplace
- Mindfulness “taster” Workshop: we come to you and your staff.
This provides an individualised “taster” of what mindfulness is and how to practice it in your workplace with the particular work YOU AND YOUR STAFF do.
As much as we can, we are flexible with time of day and format, we aim to fit in with you.
This can of course only provide a taster of what mindfulness is. It’s aim is to introduce people to mindfulness for them to then explore further through courses/ training, either in their ow time or as part of workplace programme. The effects of mindfulness come from some sort of ongoing practice.
email for more information and to book your workplace”mindfulness taster workshop”
Cutting Edge, National Addiction conference 2018. “Cultivating connection with mindfulness in addiction treatment: coming home, one breath at a time”